23 Jun 2021 — The Quick App Initiative was formally announced at OW2Con'21. This interest group will gather global experts from a wide range of industries and fields to explore new applications in various vertical fields for quick apps, while also fostering technological innovation, entrepreneurship, and ecosystem.[Read More]
A new paradigm of lighter and quicker apps.
Quick App main features:
- Low-cost development: 20% less code than Android apps;
- Zero-installation: one click to use it, less storage than Android apps;
- Native experience: efficient native rendering;
- Cross-platform: multiple devices and platforms;
- Easy to find and promote: endless options for discoverability and promotion;
- High retention rate: wide range of marketing mechanisms;
- New opportunities: 1.2b devices running Quick Apps.
The Quick App Initiative
The Quick App Initiative, hosted by OW2, is a multidisciplinary forum aiming at exploring vertical applications where Quick Apps have the potential to be part of a solution, as well as transversal activities that further core technologies across verticals, including (as appropriate) usability, accessibility, sustainability, privacy, security, and ethical standards. The initiative embraces the ideals of Open Source, transparency, meritocracy, and respectful global collaboration.