A new paradigm of lighter and quicker apps.
Quick App main features:
- Low-cost development: 20% less code than Android apps;
- Zero-installation: one click to use it, less storage than Android apps;
- Native experience: efficient native rendering;
- Cross-platform: multiple devices and platforms;
- Easy to find and promote: endless options for discoverability and promotion;
- High retention rate: wide range of marketing mechanisms;
- New opportunities: 1.2b devices running Quick Apps.
The Quick App Initiative
The Quick App Initiative, hosted by OW2, is a multidisciplinary forum aiming at exploring vertical applications where Quick Apps have the potential to be part of a solution, as well as transversal activities that further core technologies across verticals, including (as appropriate) usability, accessibility, sustainability, privacy, security, and ethical standards. The initiative embraces the ideals of Open Source, transparency, meritocracy, and respectful global collaboration.
10 reasons for quick apps
Changing the app game in Europe
Society is experiencing a remarkable period of digitalization yet consumers are tired of app hunting, developers are frustrated by app publication experiences, small businesses, local governments and NGOs often can’t even afford an app presence, app marketplaces are jealously guarded, devices are awash with unused apps … and still everything, everwhere is being pushed online. Quick apps offer a 10 point life ring in these rising tides.[Read More]